Friday, June 7, 2024

Charlie Scarbrough, R.I.P.

 We have just received this sad news:

It is with profound sadness that I am writing to inform you of the passing of my uncle Charlie Scarbrough. Charlie was the older brother of my mother Susan. He was Charlie Scarbrough to the rest of the world, but he was always “Uncle Bubba” to me and my two siblings.

Mom passed away on June 3, 2016. She and Bubba were very close, so after her death I began to check on him regularly. He and I became closer than ever before over the last eight years.

After dealing with a cascade of health problems during the past couple of years, he entered hospice care last Tuesday.  The nursing staff told us Friday they thought the end of life was near for him, so before we went home Friday evening I created a playlist for him and left it on repeat. It was just him and the music all night long.

Charlie Scarbrough passed away very peacefully just before 2 PM on June 1st.

We are aiming to get his obituary submitted by Wednesday. I will send you a copy. His service will be in Little Rock on Wednesday, June 12th at Ruebel Funeral Home on W Markham. Visitation is at 10 AM. Service is at 11 AM. Interment will be private. The obituary should appear in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette by Thursday or Friday and again on Sunday.

I greatly appreciate your blog posts. They are very helpful to me as I work on his obituary and service arrangements. Thank you so much for documenting and writing so much about a man who has been a very good uncle and friend to me for well over 50 years.

Sincerely,

Charles Scarbrough Zook (Little Rock Arkansas)

Here is Charlie's last playlist:  

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/charlie-scarbrough/pl.u-8aAVMR1sAvVKp

Our deepest condolences go to Charlie's extended family --- he will be missed!

1 comment:

  1. https://www.ruebelfuneralhome.com/obituaries

    ReplyDelete