Saturday, August 6, 2022

Ken Knight/Len Day

 

I remember this story being posted on A. Lindsey's previous KAAY Blog and the discussions we've mentioned...and here is the newspaper clipping, courtesy of Tim Brown on the KAAY-AM The Mighty 1090 Facebook page. He dated it 7/7/65.

 In April 2012, I was in Little Rock...I think it was Charlie Scarbrough who was taxi'ing me around on this particular day, showing me a bunch of stuff, and we drove past Howard Watson's son's home, where Howard was living at the time.  Charlie told me that Howard was in very poor health.  I stated that it would have been neat to meet him, if he were doing better, but we decided not to make a "cold call" and respect their privacy.

Howard Watson, "The Weird Beard", RIP.

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment