Saturday, August 6, 2022

The Old GMC Is Gone....

 

Yep, the old 1969 GMC 1500 pickup truck I had has a new home.  I only taped this bumper sticker on it, for effect, so I wouldn't ruin the sticker.  The KAAY-AM The Mighty 1090 has been using this picture as their header for a long time.

I just didn't have the time, energy, drive, nor MONEY to throw into restoring it.  A neighbor bought it for his grandson.  The neighbor used to do body work and build racers.  With the little 1965 283 V8 in it, I'm sure they'll have fun.  That engine would 'chirp' the big, wide 60-series tires I had on the drive axle!

To be sure, I got a newer truck at a great deal.  I'm much more comfy now, thanks.  I may even put a KAAY bumper sticker in the window....


Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment