Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Skunk Festival, Jan. 1973



From Facebook entry by Vickie Hahn Wyeth:
 

"The Skunk Festival, Jan. 1973, in Little Rock. War Memorial Stadium, I think. It was in honor of Loudon Wainwright III's hit song, Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road. Loudon was there, and the other guest was Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders. And people brought pet skunks. This photo is of Sonny Martin and Mark."

Thank you, Vickie!  She was prompted by Doug Virden to send this to me, and I was alerted on Facebook.  Thanks, Vickie and Doug, for alerting me!

Another piece of history revealed!

Bud S. (Staceys4@hotmail.com)

2 comments:

  1. I was 12 years old and I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there from Fordyce. Check out his video from Europe as he makes fun of people from Arkansas. He played behind the skunks so who's a idiot?

    ReplyDelete