Saturday, February 15, 2020

Memorial, Re: David B. Treadway, By Eric Thomas

Eric Thomas contacted me a few days ago after he learned of David B. Treadway's goin on to Radio Heaven:

"Sad, sad news. My thoughts and prayers are sent out to the Treadway family. David B. Treadway – a singular soul if there ever was one. My time spent with him was limited and sporadic, but it was always fantastic. Forty years ago, when I started my on-air work at KKYK David was music director. Here I was an 18-year old know-nothing and David was always kind enough to answer all my questions (often with a pun or two) and lend an attentive ear. He was a straight shooter. I certainly tried to follow his advice, and it not only made me a better employee, it made me a better person. His way of communicating was more than just simple words, it was of someone telling you about his life - what maybe worked and didn’t work out for him. And it stuck. Sometimes in life you come across a few people like that.

I ran into and talked with David over the ensuing years, and the last time I spoke with him he was leaving US97 and retiring. The quick wit and humor were flowing. David had a certain nickname he gave me and never forgot it. He said it was a “term of endearment.” I’ll take that. A cherished way to remember him. Rest in peace, friend. Maybe someday the world will discover the question you often pondered - is Mick Jagger black yet?"
 
Thank you, Eric!  Beautiful memories....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment