Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More about "Light Hoss Harry Jones" and "The Rivermen"

About ten days ago, we posted a long-lost A.J. Lindsey audio clip of the KAAY promo single, Light Hoss Harry Jones by The Rivermen. 
Here's the link to the post and the recording.

To our surprise and pleasure, we've received feedback about who were "The Rivermen" and who made the recording:


June 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

    Hey, I can't believe I came here today for the first time and you had this record. Thanks Tom Connely for posting the link on facebook. I was in the Rivermen when we recorded this 45. I had just joined them. Had no idea it was produce by KAAY and I sure don't have a copy for myself. Thanks for posting it. ---Barbara Raney


June 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM

That's Ronnie Routh, Jerry Miller, Bob Hayes and Bill Shamberger.
---Anonymous

Wow --- thanks for this great info!   We are always happy to hear from our readers!

1 comment:

  1. Note to Bud:

    When Babara Raney reads your blog, you have *arrived.*

    "Man, I didn't know white girls could sing like that!" --Rufus Thomas to Barbara Raney, somewhere back in the '80s (I think).

    David B. Treadway
    Doc Holiday VII
    The Last PD
    Etc

    ReplyDelete