Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014

(Edited for accuracy...I had the wrong war bs)

Today is a sad day for me- but, in away, I am joyous.  Just after dawn's early light, we lost a friend, a warrior and a brother, Clifford Shirah at age 86 years young.   Cliff the warrior served in the Armed Forces in Korea (25th Infantry Division, U. S. Army, wounded in battle)...Cliff, my friend and brother, showed many what love and sharing was all about ...

I am sad that Cliff is gone- but I am joyous that Cliff ran his race and ran it well, now receiving his reward in heaven.  I know I'll see Cliff again, as certain as I can be....

Cliff has nothing to do with KAAY- but he has eveything to do with fighting for this country's freedom.   Cliff had no problem telling anyone he loved them and that he prayed for them, this gentle warrior- and I am growing bolder, as Cliff has led by example.  I have realized that I have come to the point in life where I have more yesterdays that I do tomorrows-  and, as some of you have personally witnessed, I do not hide my encouragment or good feelings for your well-being.  With that said, do not hesitate thanking those who secured your freedom- any day, anywhere, anytime.

Thank you, Cliff, for being all these to me, and others around you.  I'll see you again one day...rest well,  gentle warrior....

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment