Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Last Of The "Steve Scott" Pics- And One Of My Own!

I believe this is the last shot I have of Steve at the concert...this one, another night shot...I'll bet he was really having fun...I wonder how his boss Wayne Moss thought of Steve's performance?  Maybe it got him a raise!


Again, look at that grin!  You know, it looks like people at that concert were pretty well behaved...at the stage's edge, but not crushing or belligerent.  Steve must've done a good job of keeping them in line!

OK, fast forward to "today"...I'd posted a picture of Steve a good while back, the first time I met him.  This is one I took at one of my Amateur Radio swapfests ("The Satsuma 'Tail-Gator'").  With him is his best friend "Toby" whom he rescued from the streets.  Looks like the little feller is well-taken care of!


Oh, one more, why not?



As you can see, it was late in the day and most of the "Tail-Gator" participants had left, but a good time was had by all.  The best time of MY day was when Steve showed up with these pictures and allowed me to snap the last two!  The book you see him holding is on a subject I love- antennas!  The ARRL (Amateur Radio Relay League) Antenna Book is a staple of "Hams" everywhere... the best improvement one can do to ANY station is in the antenna system.  That's precisely why KAAY's signal was so powerful- and flung Steve's and others' voices halfway 'round the world!

Thanks to Steve Morris, "Steve Scott", for sharing his pictures from early in his career with KAAY!  Please let him know you enjoyed them by leaving a comment or two on these posts!

"Ladies and gentlemen...BOOOMMM!...Steve Scott! K-A-A-Y!..."

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment