Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bob Moody's Letter From Wayne Moss!


I found this on KAAY AM, The Mighty 1090's Facebook page, contacted Bob Moody and got permission to use it here on our blog!  As per Bob's comments:

"Letter from KAAY Operations Manager Wayne Moss from 1971. I decided to transfer to Fayetteville rather than Little Rock but still regret that I never got to work for The Mighty 1090."

 ...and in a message to me via e-mail:

"Bud,
 
You are certainly welcome to use the Wayne Moss letter on your blog.  Here’s some background:
 
I grew up in Pine Bluff and started my radio career in 1967 working at KOTN for Buddy Deane.  When this letter was written I was attending the University of Missouri in Columbia, where I was a jock at KTGR, but was in the process of transferring to the University of Arkansas.  At some point I apparently considered UALR but instead ended up at the main campus in Fayetteville, working for KKEG-FM.
 
More information on my subsequent travels can be found on the Bio tab at my website: www.RealLocalRadio.com
 
Cheers,
 
Bob Moody
Mt. Juliet, TN"
 
KOTN and Buddy Dean- and Bob, I believe- have been mentioned on A.J. Lindey's blog.  Over time, we'll be bringing certain material over here to our blog for historical and nostalgic reasons....
 
Thank you, Bob Moody!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment