Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WOW!!!

Dear reader and visitor, it is because of YOU that we keep this blog going...I just logged in a few minutes ago and was astounded by seeing we had 339,634 page views!!!!  My, how six years have flown by!  We've been truly blessed and fortunate to have all the material we've gotten.  But, again, we're about to reach the end of some things by the Fall of this year, so look around- EVERYTHING regarding KAAY's history is important!

I don't care if it's a 5-second station i.d. and you do or don't know who it is... if you can tell us at least a little something about it and maybe we can guess or i.d. the deejay, we'll do that, too.  Ticket stubs from a contest at KAAY...John's Jeans ad sold by the salesmen on KAAY- ANYTHING!

OK, OK, you get the picture!  On my own personal situation, the l-o-n-g hours of two jobs is smoothing out and I'm starting to realize some extra time- and I'm not spending ALL that time sleeping.  We finally paid off my daughter's massive medical bills and I'm doing some damage-control in the aftermath, financially.  Bills will never go away, but I am looking forward to maybe quitting this 2nd job one day and spending more time chasing radio...

One of the newest things that you may have seen on the KAAY- Mighty 1090 Facebook page is the emergence of AM radio stations again PLAYING MUSIC!!!  Right now, I'm using my Realistic DX-440, my Realistic passive loop antenna placed on a little Lazy Susan to hear a 500-watt (night-time power) WGAD AM 930, Gadsden, AL here in Satsuma, AL!!!

So with that, I want to THANK YOU for visiting, contributing and commenting!  By the way, we COULD use MORE of the latter, please!  Here's my set-up, listening to WGAD:


Bud S (staceys4@hotmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. YES MUSIC IS BACK ON AM!!!! I had to shout that out as nothing beats the sound of great gold in marvelous mono via skywave. I spend a lot of time DXing top band (1610-1710) and I've found a number of stations playing the hits, in English no less. Nothing quite like the sound of Sly and the Family Stone or the Rascals fading up out of the static putting the wiggle in the woofers...Thanks again for the Mighty 1090 KAAY site. I use to listen during the 60's and early 70's nightly to Beaker Street and the show before. What great times and memories. Jay Walker - Dallas Texas

    ReplyDelete