Thursday, April 20, 2017

Chuck Berry and Jonnie King- And A Happy Anniversary!

Hey, all!  Jonnie King just wrote me with some good info- please enjoy!

"Wanted to let you know that I am happy that tomorrow (April 21, 2017) will be the Anniversary of my first night on KAAY 48 Year's ago!

IN CONJUNCTION WITH THAT, I've put together a Tribute to Chuck Berry...who has influenced my life and career since 1955.

The Info on the Link that I'm sending you, with my TRIBUTE TO CHUCK BERRY, was started the day after he passed-away. These are my Personal stories and memories of Chuck. I'll leave his Discography and Life Story to the many others that have, and will, chronicle those. I worked with Chuck FOUR times, beginning at the Batcave here in St. Louis in 1966.

The rare pix of Chuck and myself, and the other images, are most-all from my Archives.  The Audio is from RARE BBC interviews with Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Johnny Rivers, and, John Lennon, that were to the best of my knowledge done in 1987 (except for Lennon's).

(You'll love Chuck's On-The-Road lyrics about his Brand New AirMobile, the New Jersey Turn Pike, trying to outrun the State Troopers, and the Full Moon !)

 HERE'S THE DIRECT LINK to the Tribute Page. Let me know what you think, and, feel free to pass-it-on and add it to the KAAY BLOG if you have time in the next few days ! http://www.jonnieking.net/gpage44.html

Thanks for all you do for us Bud, God Bless you and yours !
Jonnie "
www.jonnieking.net

Thank YOU, Jonnie!

Bud S. (staceys4@Hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment