Thursday, May 14, 2015

Eric Thomas Checks In!!!

Eric Lensing, known as "Eric Thomas" checked in recently!  He sent in a concert ad for us to enjoy...here are the pictures he sent, then a little note from him at the end....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

"To Bud S. – I found your site and scrolled around feeling a bit nostalgic and gratified someone is doing this. My on-air name on KAAY and several other LR stations from 1979-1986 was Eric Thomas, and I had a blast working on the Blowtorch of the South. No – it was more than that. It was an honor! I grew up in LR listening to KAAY and I have to say it was my most satisfying on-air experience (even though the glory years were in the rear view mirror at that point.)
Anyway, I have some old flyers, memos and program director notes from my time on Cottondale Lane if you think they would be worth scanning and sending. Let me know.
Oh yea, I saw on your site that several years ago there was a KAAY reunion with some old jocks. Sorry I missed that. I worked with Stuart and Jay back in the Multimedia days, and Tom at Magic 105.
Keep up the good work.
Eric"

I am very grateful to Eric for contacting us!  For those of you who may not know Eric, or would like a refresher, here is a link for his audio and other material:

http://mighty1090kaay.blogspot.com/search?q=Eric+Thomas

Thank you, Eric!  We are looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment