Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"This Is Thanksgiving, 1962"

Here is a great announcement from KAAY, 1962...this was posted on A.J.'s blog back on December 1, 2008, but the links are broken now, since no one is able to access his blog and maintain it.  If I'm not mistaken, I think the people on this clip are B. Bruce Jennings and George J. Jennings.  If I am mistaken, someone please set the record straight and we'll correct it here.

Our wish is that everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving...and, as to the audio clip, we have a lot to be thankful for....


Thanksgiving tribute 1962:  stream   |   download


Bud S, (staceys4@hotmail.com)

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it was B. Bruce JENKINS.

    Bruce went to KXLR from KAAY. He was once asked in a Q&A newspaper column why he called himself "The Bruce Jenkins."

    I didn't know Bruce but I certainly remember him on the air at KAAY. He was (and maybe still is) a good newsman.

    I later encountered George J. Jennings when he did news at WOAI in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce (B. Bruce Jenkins), died of pancreatic cancer in Austin, Texas, in 1981.

    ReplyDelete