Tuesday, July 3, 2012

25th Anniversary!

I know this isn't related to KAAY, et. al., but I wanted to announce that today, July 3, 2012 is my and my wife's 25th wedding anniversary!  Twenty-five years ago, some crazy things happened- NOT at the wedding, but preceding the wedding!

Seems as if I changed from my sweaty work clothes to clean, fresh clothing for the dress reheasal the eve of our wedding.  When I got up the next morning, I grabbed my tux and goods and took off, as I was late.  I got stopped a few miles from the house by an Alabama State Trooper...

"Sir, I stopped you for speeding...can you come to my passenger seat and let's take care of this, please?"

I sat in his car and he proceeded to ask me, "May I see your license, sir?"  I told him that I didn't have it, that I left it at the church.  "Church?"  I mentioned that I'd changed clothes the evening before and I'd just realized where I'd left it.  So, he asked why was I in such a hurry?  "Because I'm late for my wedding today!"

Well, he whipped out his book, got my information and mentioned that when I got back from the honeymoon, that I could take my license and the ticket down to the courthouse and have it "taken care of" with no fine.  He whipped it out in record time, forwarning me to be careful and TRY to keep my speed down...that my soon-to-be-wife needed her husband.  I thanked him and got out of the patrol car- and just before I closed the door, he yelled, "HEY!"  I thought, "Oh Lord, he's changed his mind!"  When I reopened the door, he had this big grin on his face...and he said, "Have fun!"  I almost died!

I thanked him and eased off to the church- I wasn't TOO late and everything went off without a hitch.

Not only that, but at the wedding rehearsal the evening before, as my wife pulled out of her parking spot, she turned into a power pole, crumpling her fender.  On the spot, we were loaned a Cadillac to use for our honeymoon trip!  Disaster made into a blessing, on the spot!  We got the fender fixed for a minimal fee after we got back.

WHEW!  Where did the years go?  I just want to day to my bride Salina: I want another twenty-five!

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. Great story!

    Many blessings to both of you for another 25, and perhaps 25 more on top of that.

    ReplyDelete