Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Memories From Don Procop

I remember when KAAY was new in '61-62. I was in high school. I also remember at 8 or 9PM, the music died and was replaced by Garner Ted Armstrong and Herbert W. Armstrong and their preaching from the World Wide Church of God. There was also a program from Stan's Record Revue that played for a bit in the evening. In the early morning hours (4am or so) there was a program featuring Polkas and another about Manna. Why can't I forget some of this stuff?

And Doug Virden replied: "From what I've read, KAAY ran religious programming from 6-8 in the evenings in its heyday. Before KAAY went to full time religious programming it was on from 9-midnight as well."

From the KAAY-AM Mighty 1090 Facebook page....

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment