Monday, August 8, 2011

Jerry Sims, Rest In Peace, My Friend

Dear reader, I am grieved to inform you that Jerry Sims, "Sonny Martin II", has passed away.  Here are the announcements from Mike Sims and his friend, Tom Burdick:

"Hi Bud,

I am Mike Sims, Jerry's son. I'm sorry to inform you that my dad passed away yesterday, Sunday Aug 7th, while practicing softball. It was very hot here and he apparently had some heat-related issue.

Thanks for all of your work on the blog and I know my dad very much enjoyed meeting you in Mobile and here in Little Rock.

Mike Sims"

...and...

"You don’t know me, but I work with Mike Sims, Jerry’s son.

I wanted to let you know that yesterday afternoon, Sunday, 08/07/2011, Jerry Sims was playing a softball game in Hot Springs when he suddenly and unexpectedly died. No further details have been released at this time.

Thanks

Tom Burdick"

As soon as details are released, I will pass them along.

Jerry became my very dear friend after another Great of KAAY passed on, A. J. Lindsey.  Jerry and I were able to visit one another in our respective states; as I mentioned before, Jerry was a WONDERFUL host.  We will all miss him.

Jerry, you swatted a home run on this one...we'll see you later....




One and all, please keep the Sims family in your prayers and thoughts.

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment