Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Beat Houston!" Autographed Poster


Now, I know the late Texas football fan George Jennings and the 3rd "Sonny Martin" (Matt White) had a running feud in the morning time slot, which sounded pretty serious at times...just listen to some of the airchecks posted here.  But, no, dear reader, this poster was autographed by the second "Sonny Martin", Jerry Sims!  Jerry never mentioned anything about he and George batting anything around regarding football...that probably wasn't thought of at the time.

Nonetheless, enjoy this little bit of history!  I'm sure glad Pat Walsh had these printed...they have lasted for many, many years!

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar poster to the one posted but mine is a "Beat Texas" poster. I remember these growing up in Little Rock but I was wondering if anyone knew what year(s) this particular Hog logo / poster was printed by KAAY?

    Thanks!
    Russ

    ReplyDelete