Friday, December 30, 2011

"The Mighty 1090 Gave Arkansas To North America"

Greg Barman just reminded me of a great article from the Arkansas Business magazine...and I think we visited it a long time ago, but it bears revisiting...as per Greg's e-mail from the website:

"The 20 Arkansas Icons feature was part of the 20th Anniversary edition of the Arkansas Business magazine, and since they began in 1984 this probably appeared in 2004. The Icons were supposed to "be recognized as representative of the state even by non-Arkansans - people, institutions and phenomena that are uniquely Arkansas." So KAAY is among icons such as Bill Clinton, Billy Bob Thornton, Central High School, Wal-Mart, and the Arkansas Razorbacks. Access to this link is still free, even though much of the magazine is behind a paywall. So check this out while you still can."

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/20/icon_article.asp?articleID=19

Good reading! I'd used a bit of this information myself when I wrote my entry into the Encyclopedia of Arkansas. Please visit this site as soon as you can, while you still can!

Kudos to Greg Barman for alerting us!

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment