Thursday, January 5, 2012

"Ladies And Gentlemen: Steve Scott!"


After the holidays (barely), I had the great honor of meeting "Steve Scott" (Steve Morris) on January 2, 2012! I was on call for work over the New Years' holiday and had to rush out of work to meet Steve. My best friend David met us as well, since we all had the same interests (Ham radio, KAAY) and David got the chance to meet one of The Greats of KAAY, as well!

It was a beautiful day, albeit a little windy and cool, but we had a blast. We met about halfway, since Steve lives on one end of the county and I live on the other end- David, the lucky soul, lives just five minutes away from our agreed-upon meeting point....!

The picture was taken by David; you can see my "rolling Ham shack" (my truck) sporting its antennas. By the way, Steve is a Ham, as well and operates exclusively CW (Morse Code), from his days in the Navy.

We all had a great time! I'll be meeting with Steve from time to time, since we live reasonably close to one another.

Thank you, Steve!

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment