Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Christmas In June!" Plus, Some Good News!

Dear Readers,

I have to apologize for not being more attentive to the blog...lately, work load here on the Gulf Coast and attention to family has taken quite a bit of time, so priorities must be met...

...BUT, some good things are happening!  Charlie Scarbrough, a.k.a. "Charlie King" has sent me a great package that I'm processing right now and getting things ready to post here!  Talk about "Christmas in June"!  Suffice it to say, between the audio and pictures, I hope you're pleasantly surprised.  The former may take a little bit of time for us to sort through, the latter are soon to come.

The other good news is that The Encyclopedia of Arkansas has so far accepted my proffered entry and it is now in the final editing stages!  Of course, all the legalities have to be met, papers to be signed, etc.  So far, they've been delighted with the pictures and graphs and like the entry's content.  An announcement, with weblink, will be forethcoming.  I must say, however, that it was much harder to write in an encyclopedic manner than it was for the article for Monitoring Times!

Who woulda thunk it, a poor ol' lowly listener from Alabama would have the privilege to do what I'm doing now?  So much history has been handed to me, out of the kindness of others' hearts to share- history that would otherwise have been lost, thrown in a trash can or otherwise disposed of.  One close friend is constantly amazed at what has been accomplished here...and I owe it all to you, dear reader, who contribute the memories, and to The Greats Who Were There who partake of their time to bring memorabilia to us all.  Is this work?  No, maybe a labor of love.  May I then labor at this for you, for a long time to come!

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment