Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Westinghouse: A Great Name In American Appliances!

I'd bought this Westinghouse H364 at a ham radio tailgater a few years back. The owner didn't know where the speakers were, but swore that the unit worked, so I bit.  When I got home, I wired up the Realistic bookshelf speakers to it.  This is a heavy brute, so I expected a little out of it.  Boy, I was pleasantly surprised!  Great sound and a pretty good receiver!  I've used it mainly to dial around on AM, due to its great full sound.  With its large internal ferrite bar antenna, it is highly directional, but I don't move it around a whole lot!

It has separate dials and controls for AM and FM, so one can set each on their favorite stations, respective to the band.  It recieves FM Stereo and Mono and AM, plus will take inputs from a phonograph and tape. It is all transistorized with a beefy output section.  I haven't found any info on it yet, but I suspect it is of early 1970's manufacture and has a nice wooden cabinet.

If you look closely in the background, you can see some of me reflected in the window....BOO!  The little white blob playing behind the right speaker is our grandkitty, Lilo...he's a male cat, long story....

What did you listen to KAAY with?

Bud S (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment