Monday, November 30, 2009

Deep Water Reunion


"1969 self-released, private press LP from Minnesota's Deep Water Reunion. Tracks: 1. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue - Bob Dylan 2. Cindy's Cryin - Tom Paxton 3. Steel Rail Blues - Gordon Lightfoot 4. I'll Be Your baby - Dylan 5. Break My Mind - J. Loudermilk (Made popular by The Flying Burrito Brothers and Gram Parsons) 6. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond 7. Games People Play - J. South 8. Good morning Starshine 9. Leaving On A Jet Plane - John Denver 10. Hey Jude - Lennon, McCartney "

Thought this was interesting...since numerous people over the years was looking for the song, "Cindy's Cryin'" since it played on KAAY, and now it's all over the web for download!  This self-titled album was shown on Amazon as "currently unavailable- we don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

We'll just have to download what we can find and make our own collection, won't we?

11 comments:

  1. hello,

    is their also a link to this post?

    ThanXX ery much
    bosma@setarnet.aw

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever find the album available for download please let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found my original 1969 dwr record! 10 songs and sheet 1 on the cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where I got this album, but I have one signed on the reverse by all the members. I played it today for the first time. Not bad. Did they record any original material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am Barbara Raney, the singer with DWR. We had an original song on the b-side of an RCA recording we did with Jack Clements in Nashville. The A side was Hey, Ruby Foo, and the original was I Wanna Know Babe. I also have a CD with Cindy's Crying (a Tom Paxton song) complete with intro by Clyde Clifford and 5 original songs. Contact me at braney5@yahoo.com for more info.

      Delete
  5. New Year's Eve 1970 (soon to be 1971), Beaker St. and Clyde Clifford and Deep Water Reunion doing Cindy's Cryin' it will never be better than that! Back from 'Nam for a little over a year and sorta in one piece...darn life was good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found our record while going through old treasures stored in our home. We loved this band so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought this gem in a record store in St Cloud Minnesota today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got a message from my daughter asking about this song tonight. Sounds kinda like Joan baez. Was a big fan of beaker street back in the day

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this Album Original with signatures of ALL members of this band. My parents would go see them ALL the time and were good friends with them! I grew up listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have his Album Original signed on the back by all members. We got the record When they played at the Continental Club in Kearney, Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete