Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Surprise, Revealed!

At an earlier date, I posted a card from Ken Reitz, Features Editor of Monitoring Times magazine; I also intimated to a surprise, pending confirmation.  Well, I can't hold it in any longer, confirmation has arrived!

Ken approached us regarding writing an article about KAAY's early Top 40 history.  The "job" (I call it 'enjoyment') eventually fell to me and, with the help of several of this blog's founders, the article was born, tweaked and finally submitted.  Ken informed me that it was accepted and will be in print in the February 2010 issue of Monitoring Times!  The issue will hit the newsstands about January 15-20 and is available mainly at most Barnes & Nobles book stores.

I must admit, falling within the guidelines and spacing was somewhat difficult.  There could have been twenty pages written and dozens of pictures submitted!  Needless to say, it was properly reined in, kept within guidelines, and with Ken's patience, we got what we feel is a good, proper and befitting story.

I certainly hope that, when you read the story, we have made the best effort possible...and I hope you will agree....

Thanks to Ken for allowing us this opportunity!  My thanks also go to everyone who was involved and contributed.  I am proud of your efforts; as I said before, I am in awe as I stand in the shadows of giants....

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment