Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Doc Holliday, Rob Robbins, Buddy Karr, Jimmy Fidler

"Anonymous said...


As a young lad of 11 or 12 I used to listen to the mighty 1090 all the time up in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. I remember the legendary on air feud between Doc Holliday and Rob Robbins in 1964 or thereabouts. I also remember Rob Robbins doing his music set called the Oldies but Goodies Show. I can also remember Buddy Karr's top ten countdown and the interesting newscasts set to dramatic music along with the syndicated updates from Hollywood columnist Jimmy Fidler. Thanks for the memories."

I'll have to look through the archives for you and see if I can find some Rob Robbins and Buddy Carr audio for you!  Thank you for stopping by, please visit often and...as in the old days...if you have a request, let us know and we'll see if we can find it and get it posted for you!

(Please note that now all the audio links on A.J.'s old blog are broken...we'll be doing some "retro" audio as time goes by for your enjoyment!)

Bud S. (staceys4@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment