Monday, February 22, 2010

E-mail From A Jonnie King Fan

Bud,

Out of the blue I got this eMail from a former female listener who was tuned in during my KAAY days.

I'd like to share it with you, as this is what I (and the rest of the team) were trying to accomplish everytime we went into that Studio...and to have this "lasting effect" on this wonderful lady (then a teenager) is the reason I did it night after night:

From: Barbara Casteel

Comments: Hi Jonnie:

"Found your website tonight. I've been telling my husband how I used to stay up at night and listen to your radio show on my transistor radio, when I should have been sleeping. This was back in the early 70's. You were my "knight in shining armor", my friend, when I didn't have any.

Things are much better now, but I'll never forget your voice on the radio.

Thank you for being there for a lonely teenager."


I can add no more.

God Bless,

Jonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment