Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cuban Missile Crisis

In answer to Bud's request, I can offer a bit of assistance. Tomorrow I will post the other stations that participated in this effort. I have written two research papers on this subject. The first was about all of the stations (there were 10). This paper was my master's thesis project, which was published in the Southwest Journal of Mass Communication. The second paper was written specifically about KAAY's role in the crisis. The Arkansas station was the only one to volunteer to air the propaganda, without being asked by President John F. Kennedy (through his press secretary, Pierre Salinger). These are interesting stories, and I intend to share at least parts of them with the readers of this blog. Thanks, Bud!

Richard Robinson (rickradio@charter.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment